Saturday, March 3, 2012

Bam!

I am sure that people everywhere encounter this at some point.  People that seem...cliquish...?  Yeah.  There is a group of ladies that seem this way at my gym.  Maybe I am totally wrong, but that is just the vibe that I get. Good at what they are there to do, and totally unwelcoming to those of us that are new.
 Ok then.
 I realize that I may give off he wrong impression when people first encounter me, but I have been trying not to. For me, being quiet and insecure comes across as stuck up. But I have been making an effort to try to reach out to people here and there. For the most part, it has not been well-recieved. Keep trying, I guess...

The other night we had to find our 1RM max for thrusters.  To do that, you have to get in groups at a rack and take turns with the weight. Yeah, that can get akward when you feel like you are being excluded in general. I wound up getting 90# for my thruster, which I was pretty pumped about!  Next we had to do a WOD: three rounds of 10 squat clean thrusters, 150 ft one legged bear crawl, and 200 m run. 
For the amrap, the rx for women was 65# on the thrusters.  I finished rx in 11:36.  And I beat a lot of those stuck up people.  BAM! Small personal victory for me, I guess.  I don't want to feel like that about people, but if I was in their position, I would have welcomed and encouraged a new person, because I know what it is like. When you come in there out of 101 it is intimidating, scary, and you're not sure what to do in some cases. See, unlike them, I genuinely enjoy watching people grow and evolve with their skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment