Saturday, March 3, 2012

More Snatch

As it is the season for the beginning of the qualifying for the CrossFit open games, Fridays we do whatever is required in that arena.  This week it was a series of 3 rounds of 30 snatches and whatever time you had left over you were supposed to do as many as you could with a crazy amount of weight! 
Since this is a relatively new, and complex movement, I exercised caution to nail form and confidence before anything else. My partner and I did 25#, followed by 30, then 35.  It was tough doing 90 reps total, but it was a good learning experience. With some things I am still establishing a frame of reference as to how I need to proceed.  This WOD showed me that  I know I could have done more weight, but like I have said, I want to be good and sure I am doing it correctly, before I start piling in the weight,  I don't want to get hurt. 
That being said, I do feel more confident with it now.  I understand it, and feel like I can do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment