Saturday, March 3, 2012

SOTS is a four letter word

Sots press??? Who the hell has heard of that?
Not me, until I looked at ITF's WOD.
It is an awful fucked up thing. 
You have a barbell resting on your back, you come down to the full deep squat position, then you press that barbell overhead.  For the WOD, the Rx for women was 35#, and I'm thinking...ok, I can do that.....
So first we had to find our 5Rm.
Mine was 26#.  And all the while I know I made a face worthy of the AWODS "best wod face!" Not a good thing.....
So for the WOD we had to do three rounds of 15 sots presses, and 25 squats with the same bar we were using.
Man, my quads were dead.  Then we find out we had to do three rounds of 200m sprint and 20 tuck jumps!  Ouch!  At least I was able to hang with the guys on that one, and not feel like a total whimp!

No comments:

Post a Comment